Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Business Changes

Hey everyone, I just want you all to know that I am extremely pleased with how well the first year of Erin Ellibee photography has gone. I have had so many wonderful clients that I LOVE to photograph. Every session is so fun! I am so happy that so many of you have trusted me with your precious memories!!! 

But as my business has grown I have had an increase in business related cost. Such as external hard drives, new props for almost every session, my Photoshop programs, new lens and equipment, website & gallery cost and many others. I try to make every session unique and therefore I spend a lot of money on hats, backdrops, buckets and other fun props.

I have been contemplating what to do because I love having reasonable prices but I also need to meet my cost and still make a little income for my family. I also want my clients to get the best quality for their images and to do this you will need to order products through me. Most of my clients order the digital CD, which is great but when you take your CD to Wal-mart, Sams club, CVS or any other places to get your images printed, you are not getting the highest quality prints. When you order prints through me, the color and contrast will always be right on and will be crisp and clear.

I have made a decision that may not make everyone happy.  Sorry for that.  In order to keep the quality of my pictures high, I have decided that I need to change my session fee and CD price.  This will go into effect January of 2011.  So if you were thinking about booking a session before then and really want the previous prices now is the time to book. Starting in January your session fees must be paid for and received 5 days after booking to ensure your date. I have had a lot of cancels, which is fine except that means that someone else could have had that spot.  I have also created some print & session packages. Taking advantage of session packages is a good way to save on multiple session fees.  Okay so here are the new prices ……

In effect January, 2011

Session Fee - $150 (up to 4 people - $15 per additional person)
- For babies, children, maternity, seniors or Families.
This Session Fee is for the photographer's time and talent at session and post-editing of photographs; the Session Fee also includes a $50 print credit
* Session Fee must be received within 5 days of booking in order to guarantee your session date.  The session fee is non-refundable but may be transferred to another date.
**The $50 print credit is for professional prints only and does not include and cannot be applied towards any specialty products or digital images.
***A $150 minimum order is required from each session and does not include session fee.

The newborn session fee: $200
(This Session Fee is for photographer's time and talent at session and post-editing of photographs; the Session Fee also includes a $75 print credit**.)
* Session Fee must be received within 5 days of booking in order to guarantee your session date.  The session fee is non-refundable but may be transferred to another date.
**The $75 print credit is for professional prints only and does not include and cannot be applied towards any specialty products or digital images.
***A $150 minimum order is required from each session and does not include session fee.

Please note: The Newborn Session Fee is for a newborn age three weeks and younger. Newborns older than 3 weeks require an additional $50 fee. Twin newborn sessions require an additional $50 fee.



Digital Images: 
Child/Family Session CD:  $200 (includes entire gallery of images.)

The Newborn Session CD:  $220 (includes entire gallery of images.)


I will also be holding a couple of mini-session events in 2011
All my print prices are remaining the same. I will also be offering canvases, standouts, and float wraps. Visit my website soon for all details and a complete list of product prices.


No comments: